Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

World Championship Playoffs

The World Championship Qualifiers were last weekend at Villa Park. I was hoping for a nice easy draw to at least the Semi Final, so I could get in the Money. Unfortunately that didn't happen, as I had Alan Caves in the 1st Round. Despite this, I felt that if I played as I did in Scotland I'd have a good chance, especially playing him early.

Unfortunately, I didn't play anywhere close to that. My preparation wasn't as good as I'd hoped, as I arrived about an hour later that I'd wanted to, and by that time the boards were full so I didn't get as much practise as I wanted. Still, that was no excuse for playing as poorly as I did. I can only remember hitting 3 treble 20's in the match, although I did hit a few treble 19's. Once I was 4-0 down I stayed at 19's, but against the darts when the guy your playing is on fire then it doesn't really matter what you hit. I only had 1 dart at a double, which was at Bull in the 3rd leg. I lost 5-0. He played well though, and if he continues that form into the World Championships in a fortnight then he certainly can beat Wayne Mardle in the 1st Round.

So a disapointing end to the year. Now I can have a couple of weeks off practising, and then get ready for next year, starting with the North East Regional UK Open on January 6th in Tynemouth.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?