Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Oh Dear

Well what a shambles that was! Not just my performance, but the tournament as a whole!

I went out 1st Round to Duncan someone. 4-2 was the score, but he was nothing special and I should be beating players like that. I'm sure Andy Smith will have had no problem with him in the 2nd Round. I couldn't put more than 6 decent darts together, and I only even managed that twice. Back to the practise board this week!

As for the tournament, it was a joke. Cheap Nodor boards were used, which provided bounceouts a plenty. The lighting was terrible. On the board I played on, you could hardly see the Treble 19. It was very hard to judge the range. Not an excuse though, as it was the same for both players. And the organisation was none existant. The tournament was supposed to start at 11. When I went to look at the draw, I was told that I'd be one of the first games on. It was gone 12 o'clock by the time I was called up to the desk to play. Preparation is key in touraments. You always have an idea of when your playing, and an hours difference is a big one. Instead of being stood around waiting for an hour, I could have been practising or sat down off my feet. And I've been told that they hadn't finished the last 64 at 5pm. There were only 200 in the tournament in the first place. The general feeling amonsgt most players is that the tournament was run very poorly.

All in all, its would have to have a huge jump in prize money or ranking points for me to even consider entering next year.

Oh, not that it matters, but Colin Osbourn beat Alex Roy 6-5 in the final.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?